Via Christi clinical dietitian Karen Stutzman adapted this recipe from the National Watermelon Promotion Board. It’s easy to make, cool and fruity, with just a touch of spicy heat. Give it a try!
Watermelon Fire and Ice Salsa
Yield: 3 Cups
- 3 cups de-seeded and chopped watermelon
- ½ cup diced green peppers
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt (optional)
In a large bowl, combine ingredients; mix well and cover. Refrigerate 1 hour or more before serving. Serve with chips or as a topping on chicken or fish.
Recipe adapted from National Watermelon Promotion Board (watermelon.org)