More than 110 women joined us for the February Women’s Connection luncheon on heart-healthy relationships featuring Ron Matson, PhD, Fairmount College interim dean and associate professor of Sociology at Wichita State University.
The over-arching theme of Dr. Matson’s presentation was the importance of self-love in creating and maintaining healthy relationships. In loving, he said, we find the spiritual connection with others, ourselves and the world around us.
It’s important to love yourself for who you are today. If you can’t love yourself today, it’s hard to be healthy in your life.
- Believe that your physical and emotional health is derived by the quality of your relationships.
- Cut your losses. It’s OK to distance yourself from people who are negative and don’t add to a relationship.
- Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, stop the pain.
- We create the world around us by how we live our life.
- Develop and maintain a core of important relationships that are positive and compassionate.
You can see Dr. Matson’s PowerPoint presentation below: